Search This Blog

Sunday 30 March 2014, Gaucin, partly cloudy, light NW wind, 13C

Following 7mm rain overnight it was a damp start to the day but it cleared quickly. A couple of 'armchair' observations....

1100hrs: a flock of 11 Black Stork just south-west of the village
1120hrs: 1 Black Kite low over the valley just south of the village

Walking from Puerto Espina to Algatocin and back mid-morning I saw, of note:
20+ Griffon Vulture, Booted Eagle, 2x Red-billed Chough, Blue Rock Thrush, Woodlark, Stonechat and Rock Bunting.

Over the past few weeks I've been struck by the relative lack of birds around, in particular smaller passerines; I thought I was being overly-pessimistic but two people have, without prompting, mentioned the same thing to me. Could be nothing, or is there something amiss??

Distant Woodlark!
Snow on the Sierra de las Nieves

No comments:

Post a Comment