Search This Blog

Sunday 29 December 2013, Gaucin, sunny, light N-NW wind, 16C

This morning I took a walk along my nearest 'local patch' the Camino de Gibraltar; when I set out at 0830hrs it was a chilly 3C and I was thankful that the northerly wind was blowing only lightly. Bird life was thin on the ground and, with nothing remarkable to note, sightings included:

Griffon Vulture, Spotless Starling, Great-spotted Woodpecker, 20+ Song Thrush, Thekla Lark, White Wagtail, Chiffchaff sp., Stonechat, Sardinian Warbler, Blackcap, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Chaffinch, Serin and Cirl Bunting. Towards lunchtime there were 35+ Griffon Vulture over the southern end of Sierra Crestellina.

Sadly, whilst along the camino I met a couple of kids with a gun who sheepishly allowed me to see their sole 'trophy', a ragged-looking male Cirl Bunting.

Early morning view over 'El Nobo' to Gibraltar, Ceuta and Morocco

No comments:

Post a Comment