Search This Blog

Friday 30 January 2015, Gaucin, persistent light rain, fresh-strong NW wind, 12C

A cloudy, dull and damp day during which 19mm of rain fell. I was told last week that there was a Harrier sp. around the quarry near Manilva; on Monday I had a brief view as I drove along the toll road but couldn't get an I.D. Today I had reason to head to the coast again and, lo and behold, a male Hen Harrier flew across the road just 50m in front of me as I passed the quarry on the Gaucin-Manilva road. What a great sight!
On Estepona beach there were a good number of gulls, 300+ Yellow-legged, 50+ Lesser Black-backed and 50+ Black-headed, but nothing out of the ordinary; also there, 15 Sanderling. In Calle Real, parallel to the beach, there was a Common Chiffchaff in one of the hanging baskets attached to a lamp post.

No comments:

Post a Comment