Search This Blog

Friday 25 March, 0930hrs, light E wind, partly cloudy: Both Sparrowhawk and Goshawk seen from Gaucin village in the valley to the south. 1415hrs: Booted Eagle over the village - my first this year but I'm sure there must have been earlier ones. 1630-1730hrs - disused cement works behind El Hacho, Gaucin - Pair of Short-toed Eagle, 2x Booted Eagle (1 pale morph, 1 dark morph), Peregrine Falcon, Common Kestrel, Thekla Lark, several pairs of Stonechat, Black Redstart, Song Thrush. I also saw two raptors that I saw over the village late yesterday afternoon but couldn't identify as they were very high up - unfortunately they were still high up and I only viewed them for a couple of seconds before they flew off behind El Hacho but they looked like two juvenile Bonelli's Eagle, one much paler underneath than the other. Hopefully they'll stick around and I'll get some better views!

No comments:

Post a Comment